Sunday 26 February 2012

Day 4 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was feeling slightly ill (upset tummy) but didn't actually get sick.  Just ill enough to keep me from sleeping.  I finished the anti-nausea medication this morning at 10:30.  I'm trying to see if I can manage without the supplemental anti-nausea medication because this contributes to the constipation issue later in the week.  Today I managed to avoid the use of it.  I felt like eating more today than yesterday.

I'm running into memory issues as another side effect of the chemo.  I couldn't remember if I took my Senokot (natural laxative) last night or not.  I'm still not sure.  Scott is going to have to monitor my medication intake or I'm going to have to make sure I make a note of when I take it.  I'm also finding that I'm rambling and a little disjointed in my though processing today.  Bear with me as you read the blog.

Today I was looking forward to watching the Daytona 500.  As a child, I would watch this every year with my Dad and my brother.  I still try to watch it every year even though no one else in my househould now likes to watch it.  I was disappointed that it was delayed due to rain.  It will run tomorrow instead.  So I watched the Scotties Tournament of Hearts (women's curling) and then around 2 p.m. I felt ill again and went and had a nap.  I'm finding that if I don't let myself get too tired, it helps with how I feel.

I didn't have the mental energy to read or knit today.  The television has been on, but I'm not even very focused on it today either.  I did write an article this morning while I felt my best (at least so far today).  My voice  is quite hoarse today.  I'm afraid that it may not return to where it once was.  I used to sing so well.  I know that my voice may be the price I pay for living.  I'm still struggling with this possibility.

Scott made some Shepherd's Pie which smelled really good as it was cooking.  This is always a good sign when the smell of food is appetizing.  He also made a caesar salad and some sauteed mushrooms as sides.  I managed to eat a little bit of everything.  It tasted good.  Let's hope it sits well this evening.  The good news is my appetite seems to be returning.  I would rate this day as not a good day but not as bad as yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment