Monday 6 February 2012

Day 5 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

The prednisone side effects are playing with my body/mind again.  I'm still a little timid about the constipation issue so I'm still taking meds to counteract that side effect.  I was up for 3 hours last night with just not being able to sleep.  So I read a really good book.  Then I went back to bed and was late getting up this morning and had no energy this morning.  This from a morning person who normally would be up at 6:30-7:00 a.m. for the day.  The prednisone kicked in by 11 a.m. and I experimented with making some cauliflower cheddar soup for my lunch.  It turned out well.  My husband and I quite enjoyed it for supper.  I'm glad I don't have to take the prednisone anymore this cycle. It means that I should be able to sleep tonight quite well. If the pattern is the same as the last cycle, I will probably have a couple of down days tomorrow and Wednesday.

After making the soup for lunch, I was tired again.  So I sat and read my book that I started on Friday.  A good friend, who I haven't seen in a few years, called me this afternoon.  I so enjoyed my visit with her.  It was like having her over for tea and a nice long chat to catch up.  How I miss when she used to live up the street.  After that, I put on my nature music and read my book.  I had another friend coming over for tea later this afternoon to visit and pick up the socks for the shelter.  She arrived and we had such a nice time over tea.  The visits helped me sit still, but I'm afraid I talked quickly and jumped from topic to topic.  The prednisone tends to do that to me.  So to my two friends that I talked in length with today, I apologize for being a bit like a raving lunatic with the speed of my speech.

I feel good that I'm able to help out by donating my socks that I'm knitting.  I sent 8 pairs of socks (3 small, 3 medium and 2 large).  I'm currently working on another pair of large socks.  I also finished my book that I started on Friday, February 3.  It was called "The Search" by Nora Roberts.  I quite enjoyed it and it kept my mind occupied as I tried to figure out what was going to happen in the plot.  Quite a good read and I would recommend it.

Another friend dropped off a couple of books for me to read.  So the next one I'm starting is called "Together" by Tom Sullivan.  This one is a library book so that's why I chose to read it first.  I also have a completely full cloth shopping bag full of books from my neighbour.

Again, I'm receiving so much support from friends and family in the form of phone calls, letters, books, baked goods that have been dropped off.  What a difference it makes as I go through the "dark times" right after a treatment occurs.  I am so blessed and life is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment