Thursday, 22 March 2012

Day 8 - 4th Chemo Cycle

I'm definitely on the upswing in this cycle.  I awoke this morning ready to take on the world.  That was until I did my morning routine and then I was tired.  I rested and read for about 1 hour.  Then I thought I would tackle the grape vines again.  I did a small amount of pruning and then felt light-headed.  I stopped but that feeling wouldn't go away.  So I didn't do anymore pruning today.  I did make a loaf of bread in the bread machine so that we could have fresh crusty bread with our chili tonight.  Thank goodness for kitchen appliances.  The bread machine and the slow cooker provided us with a very nourishing meal.

This afternoon a good friend came by for tea.  I hadn't seen her for a visit since the end of November.  It was wonderful to catch up.  We spent some time in the fresh air on the patio until I got too cold.  Then we moved indoors.  She had just left when the phone rang.  It was another friend who I haven't seen since just before I started my chemo.  The two of us are so similar and I've really missed my visits with her.  We talked for over an hour I think!  How nice it was.  However, then I was really tired again.  So I just rested and read my book.

My appetite seems to be increasing again.  This is another sign that I'm coming into my "good" period.  I had my chili served on top of the bread and then topped with grated cheddar cheese.  It tasted good.  This afternoon I found the pamphlet that came with my Nystatin.  I discovered that I had been taking it incorrectly which probably explains why it was making me nauseous.  I had been taking it before meals and the pamphlet said I should be taking it right after my meals.  So I've done that at lunch and supper tonight and lo and behold....there's a difference!!  I'm kicking myself that I didn't see the pamphlet sooner.  Although, when I'm feeling awful right after my chemo injection I can't read and absorb anything important.  Oh well, live and learn.

I'm so proud of my husband with how he is juggling everything.  Tonight at supper, we discovered that Meet The Teacher night almost "fell through the cracks".  It was tonight.  The kids announced it at supper.  So there goes my husband who just got home from a hard day at work.  He jumped right into the car and went to Meet The Teacher night.  To make his night a little easier, I decided to collect the garbage and take it to the curb for him.  I put on the surgical gloves that I have for gardening and did the garbage.  Just as I was coming back to the house from putting it to the curb, my neighbour called me over for a visit.  I was tired and light-headed but I also like having the feeling of normalcy.  I didn't visit too long but was very glad to get back inside and sit down.  I'm done for the night now.  It will be an early night as I have a friend coming to visit in the morning and my minister coming in the afternoon.  I want to be well rested so I can see both of them alertly.

No comments:

Post a Comment