Saturday 4 May 2013

Waiting is over!!

We are enjoying a string of beautiful spring days.  As a result, I've been puttering in my garden and working on the weeds.  I've been picking some of my asparagus and enjoying little tastes with my meals.  I've been visiting with friends.  Today I even managed to do some heavy digging in my vegetable garden in order to get it prepared for planting in a few weeks.

In the midst of my busy-ness, I received a telephone call with my results from the CT scan.  Everything is still clear and stable!  I didn't realize how much tension I was carrying in my chest.  When I received this wonderful news, all the tension melted away.  Last night we celebrated my continued remission with my friends that just moved in around the corner.

This morning, my husband mentioned that I didn't look so worried.  There appeared to be an inner peace that wasn't there before.  He's probably right.  You see, now I know that the breathlessness is because I'm out of shape.  Now I know that my voice is not working because of the residual effects of the virus I had in March.  Now I know that the night sweats I'm having are really due to menopause.  Now I know that the fatigue I've been feeling really is because I'm being active, busy and perhaps a little older.

What a relief the results are!  So now I'm back to enjoying my yard, going for walks and planning my summer.  I will continue to fundraise and plan for the Relay For Life.  I will continue to take each and every opportunity to enjoy life!  Bring it on!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful news! I am so happy to hear this. And you are obviously relieved. Now you can just relax and enjoy each day!

    ReplyDelete