Sunday 20 August 2017

Day 7 First Chemo Round

Well, after 2 days of feeling absolutely miserable, I had a good day. I awoke about 7:30 a.m. due to my cat wanting to be fed. I got up and was feeling a little queasy as I fed him.  Was it queasiness or emptiness due to hunger. The difference being, the thought of toast, butter and jam didn't make me want to run for a washroom. So I tentatively had some toast and jam and then went back to bed. I awoke again and was hungry so this time, I had some turkey broth. Two hours later, I had some Mr. Noodles (aka chicken ramen noodles). My hubby made some bran muffins and I had half of one. It stayed down. Over the course of the afternoon, I realized that when my stomach was feeling unsettled, it was more that I was hungry. So I had another full bran muffin and then some more chicken Mr. Noodles to tie me over until dinner time.

Hubby even decided to try to make my water a little more palatable by adding a bit of Lemon Iced Tea mix. Just enough to remove the chlorine taste. It worked!

I have had a good day. I even had a small second helping of Shepherd's Pie at dinner. We'll see how that all sits.

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. It has helped and the sun has shone on me today. It's been a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Was so happy to see a "better" day Cathy! I think of you each and everyday when I wake up...positive thoughts are sent your way as I sit and meditate. I am thankful when I hear you are feeling a bit better. Here is hoping for better days my beautiful friend! ❤

    ReplyDelete