Sunday 29 October 2017

Day Minus 1 - Trying to Pass the Time

Overnight last night, I had a disrupted night. I am battling some constipation due to the anti-nausea drugs that I am on. I am bloating and swelling due to the constipation but also due to the liquid + saline IV that I was on for the last 4 days.

To reduce the swelling, I have to walk. To move my bowels, I have to walk and drink lots of liquids and I am doing that. This morning, I was a little unsteady on my feet so while I was alone, I stayed on my floor and walked laps. Once Hubby arrived to visit for the day, I could leave the floor with him walking with me. We continued to explore the hospital and walk as briskly as I could. My ankles were less swollen but my stomach to my knees are still swollen. So I continue to walk.

Our (Hubby and I) day was spent walking, playing cribbage, eating lunch, more walking, sitting and chatting in my room and more walking. I have a good view of the Queens soccer field and it was interesting to see soccer and rugby games being played in the pouring rain.

Late this afternoon, my nurse came in and chatted and visited with us. We got to know more about each other and it helped pass the late afternoon lull that we were experiencing. She's a lovely young lady and I thoroughly have enjoyed her as she has worked with me today. A sense of humour goes a long way to making a stay a bit better.

I finished the second sock in the large pair that I was knitting so this pair is ready for the Bazaar. Hubby left just as my dinner arrived. He took my laundry home to wash for me. It needs to be washed twice in hot water to kill the chemicals that I am emitting from my pores. He will bring it back tomorrow for me. Last night I found it hard to walk to the end of the hallway as he left. The walk back to my room seemed very lonely. Tonight we just said goodbye in the room. Because I'm toxic, he can't really touch me but we do say goodbye with a fist bump.

I'm hoping I may have visitors tonight still. A couple of very good friends are employees here and may come to visit during their break. Definitely, tomorrow my very best friend will be coming to visit me in the morning. She most likely will arrive to see me hooked back up to IV fluid in preparation for my stem cell transplant tomorrow at 12:30.

This evening I may pass the time working on my Sudoku book, Crossword book or colouring in my colouring book.

No comments:

Post a Comment