Wednesday 15 November 2017

Day 16 - Exercise and Hydration

I continue to have to strive to walk more and drink more liquid. After chemotherapy, people are more susceptible to getting dehydrated very quickly and without realizing it. Today, I had another one litre of saline solution by IV. I really want to get off of this and I'm really trying to drink enough liquid and stay hydrated. I also have to walk more so that it will help boost the blood levels. So tonight, Hubby and I finally made our way to the local mall to walk for exercise. I managed to walk 75% of the mall before I had to sit and rest. I walked farther than I expected myself to be able to do. I walk slower than I used to, but I'm hoping that eventually I'll get my speed up again.

Today, I struggled with lack of appetite and some nausea. I believe the nausea was caused by having a hungry stomach and I was late feeding it. Unfortunately, at that point, the food I ate didn't stay down. I waited for my stomach to settle while I continued to drink some tea. Then this afternoon, I was able to eat a banana and it stayed down. I'm hoping it will help to boost my potassium.

Today I really felt cold for most of the day and I was wrapped in both my prayer shawls. My cat, Frodo, helped to keep my legs warm by sleeping on them all afternoon and evening. I continue to spend my time knitting socks. Yesterday, I started on the second red sock of the size Large pair that I'm working on. I hope to finish it tomorrow. Then, I'll probably start a pair of size Small red socks.

Tomorrow morning, I have a check up at the Stem Cell Unit and I'm hoping that I can convince the nurse practitioner that I don't need supplemental hydration anymore. We'll see how the appointment goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment