Thursday 14 December 2017

6 weeks Post Transplant - Set Backs

Overall, I continue to do well but my body lets me know when I've done too much. This week I have been planning my Christmas baking, Christmas activities and trying to schedule in rest days. I made my last batch of Christmas cookies on Monday. Then I decided to make my cinnamon rolls that my daughter likes to have for Christmas morning. The recipe for these cinnamon rolls came from my grandmother and I remember her serving them when we would visit her and grandpa on the farm. They are easy to make and really good. I made them yesterday. I've been working on sending out my Christmas cards. Again, I try to schedule in rest times as well.

Last night, my body let me know that I have been too busy. I was really tired around 8:10 p.m. but my stomach was showing signs of rolling and upheaval. So I took my Olanzapine which controls the nausea. Unfortunately, it was not successful and I had a disrupted night. I was supposed to go for a walk with my cousin-in-law this afternoon and I was really looking forward to it all week. I am very tired this morning and so I have cancelled out. I know she will understand and I'm hoping that we can get together next week sometime.

I was also supposed to get some groceries done today but that may also be put on hold until my body is up to it. I know I could rely on Hubby to do the groceries, but I am wanting to be involved with the groceries this week and also next week when we will do the groceries for celebrating Christmas and my daughter's birthday which is Christmas Day. Again, I have to schedule in rest times.

I know I'm getting stronger and better when I am frustrated with having to sit and rest. Life is too short but I also need to make sure that my body is rested. Otherwise, I will have more nights and days like last night where I am a friend to my bathroom and can't leave it.

On days like today when I am resting, I have time to reflect on the Christmas/Advent season. I recognized this morning as I lit my Advent candles for Hope and Peace that it is much too easy to let the busy-ness and consumerism of Christmas intrude and distract me from my real reason for Christmas. This is the time to sit, reflect and wait patiently for Christ's arrival on Christmas Day. Wait patiently for family to arrive. Wait patiently in Hope and Peace for my body to heal. Wait patiently and quietly while at the same time keep the busy-ness at bay. Waiting patiently and quietly during this Advent season also gives me time to reflect and pray for Hope and Peace not just for me personally but within my home, community and within the world. Especially for Peace at this time of world upheaval and intolerance. Peace and intolerance cannot cohabitate together. So perhaps my prayers for today should be for a decrease in the intolerance that is found in our communities as well as in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment