Thursday 16 November 2017

Day 17 - Check Up and Living Life Fully

This morning I had a check up at the Stem Cell Unit. My blood levels were all good and I didn't need any boosts. After chatting with the Nurse Practitioner, I am committed to drinking tons of liquid and getting my exercise. We are going to try a trial run of no supplemental hydration. I have been given permission to enjoy some activities where I am surrounded by lots of people.

I will have another check up next week and hopefully, if all goes well, my check ups will become weekly and I will have my picc line removed next week. This would be wonderful as it is in my left arm. I have always slept best by sleeping on my left side. For the last number of months, I've had to sleep on my back so I'm really looking forward to being able to return to the most comfortable position of sleeping on my left side.

I'm so excited to be able to visit people and go to an upcoming concert on Tuesday. Hubby and I have been invited to attend a Simon & Garfunkel tribute band concert with some friends. I'm really excited and looking forward to seeing our friends and going to the concert. I am really ready to enjoy life fully. I will build in time to recover and rest but it is so exciting to participate in some of the upcoming Christmas activities as well. I am ready to celebrate life and embrace all opportunities to enjoy family and friends. Life is short but now is the time to reward myself for the trials of the last number of months. Now is the time to enjoy life to the fullest.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful, Cathy. I'm so glad things are coming along nicely and I hope your journey ahead is smooth!

    ReplyDelete