Wednesday 22 November 2017

Day 22 and Day 23 - Rest, Concert and Graduation from the Stem Cell Unit

Day 22 - Rest and Concert - Tuesday, November 21, 2017

After my busy weekend, I rested all day Monday but did go shopping Monday night in order to get some walking and exercise. I rested a little more on Tuesday as I wanted to have enough energy to go to dinner and a concert with another couple. I did get some exercise on Tuesday by doing a load of laundry and hang it outside on the line. This tired me so I rested for the rest of the day.

Hubby came home from work to pick me up and go to the restaurant to meet another couple who are our friends. They very generously offered us 2 tickets to see "Simon & Garfunklel: The Story" at a local theatre. Our dinner was a great time of conversation and visiting. The concert was really well done. Although, I was a little tired, I totally enjoyed the music as I let it wash over me. I stayed awake through the whole concert but was tired at the end.

I was thirsty when Hubby and I got home. I believe it was the French fries that I had. After having a glass of milk, I went off to bed. I slept through the whole night! This is only the second time in many months.

Day 23 - Stem Cell Unit Check Up - Wednesday, November 22, 2017

After a busy night last night, I had an 8:00 a.m. appointment at the Stem Cell Unit this morning. I have much to be thankful for and also to celebrate!  My blood counts are continuing to climb and are almost at the normal point. I didn't need any hydration today! Woo Hoo!!! This is a big accomplishment!

I received two surprises at my appointment this morning. Not only was my picc line removed but I have graduated from the Stem Cell Unit. My file will be transferred back to my hematologist for him to follow me at the Cancer Centre. I am so relieved to have the picc line removed! I get my best sleep when I sleep on my left side. Since August, I have had to sleep either on my back or on my right side. I've been sleeping best while on my back. I can now go back to sleeping on my left side. Let's hope that I will have better sleeps.

When Hubby picked me up from my appointment today, I told him my good news. His response was that we need to have a celebration tonight which translated means we'll go out for dinner before we do some shopping and walking tonight.

Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment