Tuesday 7 November 2017

Day 8 - Surviving

At this point, I could just copy and paste my posts from the previous few days. Not much has changed. I didn't need any blood transfusions today but I did need to have some magnesium put into me. My best friend came for a brief visit this morning just as the magnesium was being put into me. Unfortunately, there were tons of tiny air bubbles in the IV line and the machine kept beeping and making it difficult to visit with my friend. Not only was there constant beeping but the nurses had to come in and try to fix the problem. However, it was fun to see my friend's husband down at street level from my room on the 9th floor. Once my friend texted him, he looked up and we waved at him. That was the end of the visit.

I slept a lot today but I am still tired. I was also feeling really cold today. I decided to wear my head covering to see if it would keep me warmer. It worked while I slept. So tonight, I have it on. I believe that by the weekend, I'm supposed to start feeling better. One day at a time........

Hubby came to visit this afternoon and I slept most of the time. However, when I woke up, he informed me of the death of Roy Halladay who was a retired baseball pitcher. He was our son's favourite player. So hubby and I reminisced about the time we went to a game on my hubby's birthday and saw Roy Halladay pitch. It was a family highlight for all of us.

The death of Roy Halladay reminded me, yet again, how short life is. He died doing something he enjoyed which was flying a plane. He was a licenced pilot and this was his dream life in retirement. I'm going through this process and feeling miserable but I know that I will feel better and then I can, again, live life to the absolute fullest. Seize the day! Carpe Diem!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you haven't needed any more blood transfusions, Cathy. I hope you soon feel a lot warmer and that you feel better every day. Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete