Thursday 1 March 2012

Day 8 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

When I awoke this morning, it felt like I was going to have a good day.  I felt alert and normal.  However, after I actually got out of bed, I was quite weak again today.  Each time I got up to do anything I was dizzy and weak.  My stomach today has been nauseous again.  My taste buds are off.  Smells are making my stomach turn.  Brushing my teeth makes me gag.  This feels like when I was pregnant with my daughter but soda crackers are not helping to ease the side effects.

I am so thankful for friends from church who are delivering supper to us.  There was no way today that I could have cooked a meal.  Even if I could handle looking at or smelling food cooking, I couldn't stand for very long.  I did eat a healthy portion of supper.  Hopefully this is a sign that my taste buds are coming back and I'm on the upswing.

At my last appointment, my oncologist mentioned that the third and fourth chemo cycles are the worst for people because it is in the middle of the entire treatment.  I'm thinking that this cycle has been the worst for me so far in terms of side effects and feeling ill.  I've been having a stronger gag reflex this time around.  In the previous cycles, I've been feeling much better by Day 8.  That hasn't happened this cycle.  I also notice I'm pale during this cycle.

I'm hoping that I will start to feel much better in the next couple of days.  One thing I'm learning from this experience is that I can't plan ahead.  I have to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment