Wednesday 6 June 2012

Seeing Some Improvement

Today I'm very satisfied with how I'm progressing!  Last night I went for a long walk which included a gradual hill.  I was able to walk at my fastest pace and I didn't get out of breath until toward the end of the walk.

I've been consistently tired, stiff and sore for the last 4 days.  My hips have been constantly aching.  I was still tired when I woke up this morning but my muscles weren't aching anymore.  This morning I went for a brief walk when I took my cat, Frodo, to the vet for his check up.  This had been put on hold until I was finished my chemotherapy.  I did find it hard to carry a 10 pound cat for one block.   Before my treatments, this would not have been a problem.

After lunch, I mowed our lawn.  It only took me 30 minutes longer than before I had treatments.  I'm getting stronger and my stamina is getting better!  I am still slower in pushing the mower and it still takes a lot out of me to go up the grade in our backyard.  However, today I only stopped for a 15 minute break whereas two weeks ago, I had to stop twice for 30 minute breaks before I was cooled down and not panting.  So I'm making improvements!  Finally!!  Patience isn't one of my strong points but I think I'll have to be learning more patience in the process of healing and getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment