Sunday 24 June 2012

Two (too?) Busy Days

Yesterday, I had lots of energy and felt great when I woke up.  I spent the morning grocery shopping with my husband and planned to go to my son's double header baseball games in the afternoon.  The grocery shopping tired me out and I wanted to conserve my energy for going out for dinner with friends.  So I had a nap, saw the second baseball game and then enjoyed a lovely evening out with friends.  We shared so many laughs.  I was tired though when I got home.

This morning I woke up exhausted.  I guess I expended more energy than I thought yesterday.  My son had another double header this afternoon but I didn't think I'd have the energy to go to the games.  I took it easy and about 10:30 this morning I regained my energy.  I ended up doing 2 loads of laundry, doing some house cleaning and going to both baseball games this afternoon.  I had an opportunity to go and watch my husband play a double header tonight but I'm too tired.  In addition, it is raining and cool.  In the past, I would have still gone to the games because I do enjoy watching my husband and son play ball together.  I'm still in the process of learning to recognize when I need to say no to an activity and then not feel guilty for missing it.

I'm a little concerned about my stamina.  I know that it's getting better but I have a very busy upcoming week.  This will be a test this week.  I know that I can handle one really full day which means appointments or activities in the morning, afternoon and evening.  I normally am very tired the next day.  This weekend was the first time that I've had two consecutive very busy days.  I know that tomorrow will be a fairly quiet day but Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday will be busy with appointments and activities throughout the days and evenings. I have just caught myself fretting about something that may or may not happen!  I need to keep reminding myself that if I can't change the circumstances, then it doesn't help it to worry.  Worry only drains my energy and emotional self.  Worry leads to a feeling of being stressed which then affects my health.  I used to be able handle being "run off my feet" and still get the family organized and packed for travelling.  This is going to be my challenge this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment