Thursday 2 February 2012

Day 1 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

I had my second chemo treatment today.  It started at 10 a.m. and I was done by 2:15 p.m.  The good news is there was no allergic reaction.  The nurses were wonderful as always.  I even managed to laugh today during the treatment.  I mentioned to the nurse that I felt we were all like human vehicles that plugged in to be gassed up like at a gas station.  She laughted and added "Yup, you're here for your buff and shine".  That tickled my funny bone.

I had a friend from church drop off some baking this afternoon along with a wonderful card.  That made my daughter's day and she and Scott have been enjoying some cookies.

Tonight, I've had some soup and crackers for supper.  I'm not that hungry.  My stomach is achy and I'm quite tired.  I'm back on the anti-nausea medication and will be taking my prednisone for the next 5 days.

I'm off to bed now as I'm tired and I'm hoping some sleep will help settle the stomach.  I can't thank my friends and family enough for their support as I'm continuing on this journey.  The support through emails and cards has been greatly appreciated as it reminds me I'm not walking alone.  God IS with me and is sending family and friends to help lift my spirits when needed.  Timely emails always seem to arrive just when I'm feeling down.  Thank you to everyone.

G'night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment