Wednesday 22 February 2012

Day 21 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

I went to see my oncologist today for a check up.  I have gained 2 lbs. and my blood counts were normal.  My doctor is very pleased with the progress.  He couldn't feel the lump in my neck today which means it has really shrunk and the chemo is working.  Woo Hoo!!!!  Tomorrow I will have my 3rd chemo injection at 10:00 a.m.

Today was a great day.  After my appointment, I was able to hear my daughter perform at the Kiwanis Music Festival where she earned an A on her performance of "Sunshower" by Martha Hill Duncan.  After her appearance at the Music Festival, we went to watch her participate in her high school curling practice in preparation for her bonspiel on Friday.  We then had supper from Pasta Shelf.  We had rigatoni parmigiana with Italian meatballs.  It was really good.

Tonight, I still had enough energy to go and hear my friends practice their trio (piano, cello and oboe) for their Kiwanis performance on Tuesday.  I had wanted to go and hear them perform at Kiwanis, but this lands right during the week when I typically don't feel well at all.  It was so nice to see my friends and hear them play again.  How I miss playing my flute with them.

After listening to the chamber music, I left and delivered containers to friends who have dropped by care packages for me.  It was nice to meet up with one of my students in the process and enjoy visiting with my friends.

By the time I got home, I was quite tired.  It was a very full day.  My spirits were up today and I think it was from being out and about.  Everyone I met, including my doctor, all said I look good and my colour is good.  I don't look sick.  Let's pray that I can keep my spirits up for the next week as I go through all the side effects again.  I also pray that we have a strategy in place to keep the side effects a little more controlled.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck today with your chemo! I'm so happy for you that the tumor in your neck has shrunk so much! That's so marvelous. God bless you, as always you remain in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete