Monday 27 February 2012

Day 5 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

I didn't sleep well last night at all.  The Senokot is causing my tummy to gurgle and be uncomfortable during the night.  But on the other hand I've been a little more regular this cycle.  I also think there may be a correlation to my going to the chiropractor for some adjustments.  Speaking of which, I dragged myself out to an appointment today.  My chiropractor looked in his files back to May/June 2011 and found out that my neck started to not adjust very well in June 2011.  I remember having a really bad cold/flu at the end of April or beginning of May.  I suspect that this is when the lymphoma first appeared although there was not any symptoms other than my neck not adjusting like it always did.  The lump didn't show up until November 2011.

Today my colour was very pale.  I've lost weight again.  I was very tired today.  Just having a shower and going up and down the stairs twice wiped me out for the rest of the day.  A friend of mine brought by a lasagna and some dessert.  My daughter made me a caesar salad to go with it.  The lasagna and salad managed to tempt my appetite but then I was too full for the dessert of strawberries.  Maybe I'll get some strawberries a little later.

Yesterday I noticed I was a little dehydrated.  I've been trying to drink water throughout the day but today I noticed that the taste of water is not appealing to me anymore.  So I'm switching back to my green ginger tea.  Hopefully that will help keep me hydrated.

Today I did a little bit of reading, some knitting and watching TV.  I'm hoping to watch some of the Daytona 500 tonight on TV.

Tomorrow is my first day after finishing the prednisone.  The last 2 chemo cycles show that tomorrow and Wednesday will be more difficult days again.  I need to remember "one breath at a time, one moment at a time, one step at a time" and trust that I will be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment