Wednesday 29 February 2012

Day 7 - 3rd Chemo Cycle

After my emotional upset yesterday, it wasn't surprising that I didn't sleep well at all last night.  The residual effect continued with me today which kept me from being able to make up for the lost sleep.  So I'm obviously tired tonight due to a true lack of sleep as well as the emotional downturn of being off of the prednisone.  The second day after taking the last pills always seems to be worse.  I also think some of the depression is residual from yesterday's fiasco as well.  Oh well, that's in the past now and we hopefully look forward to a better day tomorrow.

I was still chilled today.  That could be because I'm overtired.  I am continually amazed by the cards that keep arriving in the mail.  I received two cards today and they helped to lift my spirits along with two encouraging emails.  One family from church delivered a nourishing meal which my family enjoyed.  My tastebuds are still slightly off but I'm managing to eat a small portion of the dinners so far.  The meals that have been delivered certainly smell good and they tempt me to eat.  Soon the food will taste normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment