Thursday 9 February 2012

Day 8 - 2nd Chemo Cycle

I find myself on the upswing today both physcially and mentally.  I believe my "blues" of the last 2 days has been a side effect of finishing my dosage of prednisone which is part of my "chemo cocktail".  My stomach/digestive system is still a little unsettled.  I was very tired today as my body is recuperating from the extremes of side effects and then the other extreme brought on by the medication to alleviate the original side effect.  I need to discuss with my doctor a way to keep my body more balanced as we try to navigate the week after my chemo injection.  I'm still not very hungry.

At least today I was able to be up and about.  You will notice on my blog that I have added some information on my sidebar.  I decided that I will keep a list of the books that I've read and the movies that I've watched while undergoing this journey.  Feel free to check out these lists.

My daughter decided to make supper tonight.  She wanted to make broccoli soup using the recipe from the Milk calendar.  She learned how to dice, chop and mince vegetables.  She learned how to use a food processor.  She did an excellent job and the meal was very, very good.  This is coming from a person who hasn't wanted to eat much lately.  I guess a positive of this whole experience is that my daughter may learn to cook and become more independent.  She's well on her way as she also made supper last night by making breaded chicken thighs.

So I expect tonight will be a quiet night as I don't have a lot of energy but hopefully tomorrow will be better.  I'm looking forward to when I can get out for a short walk and get some fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment