Tuesday 26 September 2017

Another Good Day

I am now in my extra days before I will have my next chemo injection. I am feeling "normal" at this time. I look healthy. My skin has good colour. My energy is good. This morning I took advantage of feeling good and went to my friend's house to visit over a cup of tea. I also had ulterior motives as I wanted to see her new kitchen that is almost finished being installed. We had a lovely visit and the time went by quickly.

Today was a fairly quiet day which was good. I find that I've been taking advantage of having all my good days and filling them with moments that make good memories. It is important that I also have down time or quiet time so that I can recharge my batteries. So this afternoon, I intended to spend my time reading "True Colors" by Kristin Hannah. I'm really enjoying this book and I find it hard to put it down once I start reading it. However, I also wanted to make some zucchini loaves. I have a favourite recipe that I use and I haven't made zucchini loaf in a number of years. I couldn't even remember which cookbook had the recipe. I used to make it all the time when I grew zucchinis. I finally found the recipe. I have two zucchinis so I decided to grate one and use the left over grated zucchini for my supper. I baked my zucchini loaves and then I drizzled a lemon glaze over them. It makes them very moist and tasty.

For supper, I used the rest of the grated zucchini to make zucchini patties that get pan fried in butter. I haven't made these for many years. As I ate my dinner which included the zucchini patties, I was reminded that I really like these. I should make sure I make them more often.

Tonight, I've been reading my book while watching the Blue Jays play in Boston. I also had a lovely visit on the phone with my mom. My son is coming home late tonight but I'll already be in bed so I will see him tomorrow.

2 comments: