Saturday 5 May 2018

CT Results and Next Steps

I had my appointment with my oncologist on Wednesday, May 2. The results of my abdominal CT scan on April 25 shows that "The Spot" in the right side of my abdomen has grown. It still is not going to be accessible for a biopsy. The CT scan also showed I have a new spot in the left side of my abdomen. It is too small to get a biopsy yet so we are still in the "Watch and Wait" mode. Once this spot on the left side is big enough, the radiologist believes he/she will be able to access it by going through my back with an IVR (guided needle using ultrasound/CT technology) to get the biopsy. However this spot needs to get bigger before this can be done.

Physically, I am feeling good for the most part. I am feeling very tired and I am breathless with very little exertion. This concerns my doctor so he has ordered a chest CT scan for me. I am currently waiting for the notification of that appointment. In the meantime, I continue to live life fully and as completely as I can. I had a great visit with a friend of mine on Friday morning. I am enjoying doing errands such as grocery shopping. Today an old friend of mine, from out of town, dropped by for a visit. This afternoon, Hubby and I went out on the motorcycle for the first time this season. We rode along some of our favourite backroads and visited Westport before returning home. Tonight, we're having our best friends (couple) over for the evening. I made a goat cheese, avocado and bacon dip for the chips as well as a jug of white wine sangria for my friend and I to share. The temperature has been dropping as the afternoon goes on, but I am determined to have our first little campfire tonight. I've warned our friends to dress warmly. Life is too short and I'm determined to enjoy my favourite things right now.

Although I received disappointing and worrisome news about my health this past week, I will enjoy the warmer weather now. I will continue to fully live in the moment and fill my life with my favourite activities. I will surround myself with the warmth and love of friends and family. I will be digging in my gardens and sitting on the patio reading my books. I will do all these things until I am physically unable to. I believe that my physical health will not deteriorate so quickly that I can not enjoy my summer.

I continue to fund raise for the Relay for Life which will be held June 22. If you wish to donate click on the following link.

 http://convio.cancer.ca/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFL_ON_even_?px=4345136&pg=personal&fr_id=23710

1 comment:

  1. Sending you lots of hugs, Cathy xo Enjoy this lovely weather with your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete