Tuesday 31 July 2018

Finally Vacation!! Day 1

It took a  couple of days to  pack the motorbike that I will call The Goldwing. We hopped on The  Goldwing  yesterday morning and hit the road. What a gorgeous day for riding!The  sky was a brilliant blue with no clouds in sight. Although it was morning, the day was already feeling like it was going to be very hot.  We got on the 401 and just road. Being a passenger on the back of the bike, I am able to look around and see the scenery.

The wind was blowing through the vents in my coat and I was very happy.  As I was looking around, I saw a wild turkey hen in the ditch pecking at the ground. This is my favourite part of riding. What a way to celebrate the reprieve from my health concerns! We continued our travels on Highway 41.

We road along that route until we got to Pembroke. While on 41, I saw a turtle sunning itself on a stick jutting out of the water  in Beaver Lake. Then in Bon Echo Park, I saw a larger turtle sunning  itself on a rock.  I rarely see these things when I ride in a car. Along  41 I also saw a small waterfall to the left of the highway. I was surprised to see the water rushing and frothing its way down the rock cliff at the side of the highway.  We haven't had a lot of rain lately.

Once we turned into Highway 17 at Pembroke, we  continued on to North Bay to stop and lay our heads for the night. We did stop at various times enroute  to get gas and stretch our legs. We took the opportunity to do some geocaching  st these points.

The air in North  Bay  is full of smoke from the  forest  fires in the area. Even  the motel lobby smells like fire. Visibility in the area is very hazy. Hubby and I  are enjoying our road trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment