Wednesday, 9 May 2012

Day 14 - 6th Chemo Cycle

After having two outings yesterday, I was very tired today.  I finally went outside to the patio when the sun shone brightly this afternoon.  I worked a little bit on the hedge until I felt tired again.  Then I sat and read my book in the sunshine where it was nice and warm.  I still feel cold a lot of the time even though other people are warm.  When I felt rested and thought I had some energy again, I tried to start weeding my flowerbed.  I couldn't do that for very long and then I was tired again.

I just have to be satisfied with doing little bits of activity and recognize that I get tired very easily.  Once the shade of our house covered the patio, I moved indoors and rested until dinner.  After dinner, I went to the Relay For Life Team Captains Night at the Canadian Cancer Society office.  I picked out my tent site for June 1 and received some answers to my questions regarding the logistics of the event.  After that, my husband treated me to an ice cream waffle cone.  The swiss mocha ice cream tasted wonderful!  Little pleasures of life is all I really need to be happy. 

It was a momentous day today in that I met my fundraising goal of $800.  I'm going to try to beat that.  The team goal for Cathy Conquers Cancer is $5,000.  So far the team has raised $1,825.  Now that I'm starting to feel better each day, I'll be able to start fundraising in person a little more.  I'll be selling fresh rhubarb from my garden for $5 per bundle.  A bundle will consist of what I can hold in one fist.  This will not be a small amount as I have large hands.  I mentioned in a previous post that I'm working on a sign.  I still am.  I'm currently waiting for the background paint to dry so that I can do the lettering.  My daughter has offered to draw a yellow daffodil on the sign as well.

I played the piano for a little bit today and am rusty.  My fingers aren't cooperating very well which shows I need to practise more often.  Part of the problem is there is some numbness in my fingers as a side effect from the chemotherapy.  This will pass.

I also enjoyed a couple of phone call visits today with my mother and then my brother and sister-in-law.  It's so nice when the miles melt away and you feel like you're visiting in the same room.  So although I get frustrated with how easily I get tired, it's been a good day.  I'm just happy to be getting better each day.  I continue to feel blessed each and every day not just for my friends and family but for my return to health.

No comments:

Post a Comment