Saturday 12 May 2012

Day 17 - 6th Chemo Cycle

When I awoke this morning, the first thing that entered my mind was worry and fear about the CT scan.  I gave myself a mental pep talk that worrying doesn't help anything and just makes me miserable and then I offered up a short prayer for peace of mind.   The rest of my day was great.  I was distracted for the day and as a result, my mind was calm and peaceful.

I did a load of laundry and hung it out to dry this morning.  I finally finished my sign "Relay For Life Rhubarb....$5/Bundle".  Hopefully it will dry fully over the weekend.  We supported the M&M Meats Charity BBQ (supporting Crohns & Colitis Foundation) by going there for lunch.  Then we went on the road out of town to watch our son's baseball game this afternoon.  It was great to be able to sit in my lawn chair for the whole game and support my son.  Secretly, I was very proud of him.  While at the game, I also collected some donations to the Relay For Life.

We treated ourselves to dinner out at our favourite BBQ restaurant.  I've had a good day but I am a little weary.  I'll see how I feel tomorrow but I'm hoping I'll be able to go to the ball field again in the morning.  If I'm too tired, I'll just spend the day on the patio and enjoy the birds and sunshine.

I think the key to not fretting about the CT scan is to use my methods of distraction such as reading, knitting, family activities and enjoying nature.  Let's hope this plan can get me through to Wednesday.  I also have found in the last 6 months that focusing on others helps keep my mind off myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment