Tuesday 15 May 2012

Day 20 - 6th Chemo Cycle

I had a very busy day yesterday as I tried to keep myself distracted and not worry about my CT scan results.  I really don't like waiting.  Unfortunately, I did too much yesterday.  I woke up this morning with every muscle in my body aching and not wanting to move.  It hurt just to lie in bed.

I finally got myself out of bed and had a very slow morning of just sitting and trying not to move.  Then I decided that I would try some very basic yoga stretches to get my muscles stretched out.  It worked!!  I was finally able to get moving gingerly about 11 a.m.  I decided that if I sat all day I would seize up, kind of like the tin man from "The Wizard of Oz".

So I made a marinade for the pork chops that we were going to barbecue for supper.  I made another quinoa salad but this time I used a caesar dressing.  I had that for lunch and it was very good.  I peeled the potatoes for supper and left them sitting in a pot of water.  Then I moved outside to the patio where I intended to sit and read a book for the afternoon.

Once I was sitting on the patio, I noticed that some of my tomato plants needed watering.  Then I noticed that some of the plants in my flowerbed closest to the house needed watering.  Before I knew it, I was watering most of the flowerbeds.  This was good though because now my muscles didn't hurt at all and I was able to move fairly well.  I sat down to finally start my book.  I read a few pages and then realized that the bird feeder needed to be refilled.  Then I looked at my hedge and thought "Well, it can't hurt to do just a little bit of the hedge."  Before I knew it, my afternoon was gone and it was time to start cooking the potatoes.  I set the table, got the potatoes cooking and went back to sit on the patio with my book.  "NOW I'm going to stop" I thought to myself.  Huh!!  I must be getting back to normal because it was hard to sit still.

After supper, I had good friends over and looked at some pictures from a trip to Scotland.  It was great to see them as I love Scotland and it helped pass my evening.  I've realized that I was keeping busy today so I wouldn't be worrying about the CT scan.  My friends came just at the right time and it again kept me from dwelling on results.  Now that I'm sitting agin, I can feel some muscles getting achy.  I'll sleep well tonight and I will definitely take it easy tomorrow.  I see my doctor at 3 p.m. so by this time tomorrow night, I'll know the results of the CT scan.  As my husband said tonight, "Tomorrow will be the start of your second chance at life."

No comments:

Post a Comment