Sunday 27 May 2012

Did I do too much?

After cutting the grass yesterday, I woke up with very sore muscles and I was very tired today.  My son had two baseball games today that I wanted to see.  It was also a beautiful day.   I wanted to take advantage of the warm, dry weather and dry my laundry on the line.

I awoke this morning with a little bit of stress.  My daughter had a friend sleep over last night.  My daughter woke me up this morning with the announcement that her friend wasn't here and all her stuff was gone.  Considering I've been reading a book about kidnapping and murder, you can understand where my mind leaped.  All ended up being fine as the friend had been picked up and taken home by her mother before any of us were awake this morning.  Whew!!!

I delivered my son to the ball field and returned home to do two loads of laundry and get them hung on our outdoor line.  At one point, I walked up stairs from the laundry room and felt very dizzy.  I sat down and then I started to feel queasy.  This hasn't happened since my fifth chemo cycle when I did too much in week 2 of the cycle.  I finished the laundry and also enjoyed a nice telephone visit with a close family friend.    I returned to the ball field in the middle of my son's first game and settled myself in for the rest of the afternoon.  I took this opportunity to rest.  Unfortunately, my hips, legs and knees stiffened up and became very sore.  I think this is partially due to being out of shape, cutting the grass yesterday and also lingering effects of the prednisone which was part of my chemo treatment.  I enjoyed watching my son play baseball but at the same time I was very tired.

I'll be having an early night tonight.  My son and my husband are playing softball tonight and I had hoped that I would be able to watch their game.  This won't be happening.  I do have to listen to my body and it is definitely telling me that it has had enough for today.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll be able to finish planting my vegetable plants.  I'm enjoying living life and I want to live it to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment