Friday 20 October 2017

Living Life to the Absolute Fullest

Hubby and I have always had just one vehicle. I wanted to use the car today. This meant I was up and dressed early so I could drive Hubby to work. I had made arrangements to go visit my friend who lives in the country. What a lovely drive it was. I had built in extra time to get there due to construction within the city. Wouldn't you know it! I was not held up at all and so was going to arrive too early at my friend's place. So I turned down some side roads and enjoyed a "Sunday drive" on a Friday morning. I paid attention to the time and enjoyed my drive. I just turned around and made my way to my friend's home when it was time to do so.

I arrived and she was ready to greet me at her door. We spent the morning outside on her back deck. What a sunny and warm morning to enjoy the peaceful view that unfolded in front of me. It reminded me of when we used to live in the country and how peaceful it is. We chatted over coffee and enjoyed the company of her dog, her cats and her chickens. I saw her beehives in the distance. That was close enough for me. I'm terrified of bees. However, the peace of the country filled my soul despite the beehives. What a gift this visit was. I was reminded again how important it is to seize each moment of every day and enjoy it.

The morning went by quickly and when her husband, who was working from home, came out on the deck, it was time for me to go. I was going to meet my hubby for lunch. I visited a little more with both my friends and then I had to leave. Again, I enjoyed the drive back into the city. When I arrived at hubby's work, he was ready to head out for lunch.

Before we left for lunch, I needed hubby to remove the dressing that was covering where the dialysis line went into my neck. It was time to remove it. What a relief it was to have him pull it off! I am allergic to the adhesive and we could see the redness and raised blisters in places. I had a covering that I've been wearing around my neck to hide the dressing so people wouldn't stare. I put my covering back around my neck. It's very fashionable and was matching the top I was wearing today. The redness from my allergy was very itchy and the opening where the dialysis line went in was very noticeable. My fashionable neck covering just made me feel less conspicuous and more comfortable.

Hubby and I then left for lunch. We went to a local establishment that we haven't been to in years. I had their house made mac & cheese. The description sounded good. It described having pulled pork in it and various cheese and topped with panko crumbs, baked and topped with salsa. I was disappointed. There was no pulled pork but actually ground pork. It wasn't what I expected. Oh well. Live and learn. Unfortunately, the meal just sat in my stomach all afternoon.

Hubby had to work tonight so I spent my evening watching television and finishing my sock for my mismatched pair. As I create this blog post, the socks are keeping my feet nice and toasty warm. My cat is sound asleep on my legs and keeping them warm.

I find the knitting, the television and my cat very soothing. I've started another sock. This pair will be pink. I have lots of pink yarn leftover from an afghan I made 4 years ago for my cousin's baby. So the socks I'll be making for the immediate future will all be pink. I'm using all my yarn remnants from past projects over the years to make the socks that will be donated to the bazaar and to the homeless people.

I'm tiring now so I'll sign off and head to bed. It's been another great day where I've feel I have lived life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment