Monday 15 July 2019

Vacation Day 3 - July 4, 2019 at Eagle Lake

I, again, awake and am up at 7:30 a.m.  There are high, lazy clouds in the sky this morning.  There's a young man out in the bay in front of the cottage dock fishing with his girlfriend or maybe his sister. He's not using his motor but is just drifting quietly. The day is already warm and humid. The boats are coming to life and zipping here and there creating wakes.

As the morning progresses, you hear voices echoing across the water. The cottage life on the tranquil lake is stirring and awakening. It's a very idyllic morning.

I have no internet and having no electronic devices allows time to read, reflect deep upon myself and just enjoy the views. As I reflect upon myself, I realize that I love being surrounded by my family and friends BUT I had forgotten how much I love being alone within the still and quiet nature. It is a balm to my soul and definitely recharges my batteries. This is probably why I love early mornings with my coffee on the deck here at the cottage or on my patio at home. The trees that surround the cottage are cedars, pines, oaks, birch, maples and spruce.

In the afternoon, our invited friends arrives. It was a hot and humid day. The day was filled with laughter, chatting friendship and love. A quick dip in the lake was needed to cool down. The out in the boat we went with our friends. I loved seeing their enjoyment and wonder as we went around the lake. We saw the resident pair of loons come from shore near the abandoned cottage. They led us away on a slow, gentle chase. We wondered if there might be a nest on the shore. We got close to the smaller loon (female?) and saw the vertical stripes in what makes up her 2 white rings around the neck and again, the white dots on her back.

When we returned to the cottage, we had a "root beer can" chicken on the BBQ with potato salad and baked potatoes with shredded cheese, chopped chives, butter, salt, pepper and sour cream.  After dinner, Hubby started up a campfire. It was still hot but there were tons of mosquitoes, so I dressed in jeans, socks, shoes and jacket to protect myself. I was dripping with sweat and bug spray, but enjoyed our friends company around the fire. It was another gorgeous sunset!!

No comments:

Post a Comment