Monday 15 July 2019

Vacation Day 4 - July 5, 2019 at Eagle Lake

I awoke early again this morning but not as early as one of our friends who stayed over. As I walked slowly onto the deck with my coffee, it was an enjoyable morning with the peaceful lapping of the waves on the shore. I espied my friend at the end of the dock just sitting on a lawn chair with his coffee. I thought I needed a picture and would call it "Man At Peace". I went quietly inside the cottage to get my camera. I took the picture and looked at it. It was completely blurry because I forget to change the settings from the dusk pictures of the night before. I picked the correct settings and went to retake the picture. As I tip toed on the deck it creaked. The man looks around and the moment was lost. Maybe some day I can try to paint the picture from my mind.

The rest of the day was overwhelmingly hot. We continued to bask in and share the love and friendship with our friends. We all ended up taking a dip in the lake to cool down throughout the afternoon. Our friends left in the late afternoon. It was a hot and peaceful evening. A dip in the lake was required again as I started to overheat.

Hubby and I were floating on the pool noodles out in the lake past the dock. The surface of the lake felt like bath water and I wanted to cool down. I forced my feet and legs down and found a lovely area of cool water. Then BAM!!!! A fish (I assume it was a bass) bit my calf and left marks. I was OUTTA THERE!!! The bite marks did not break the skin so it was not an eel or snake as there was no swelling. I really believe it was a bass. Probably the same bass Son was trying to catch the other day. My lily white legs probably looked like a lure to the fish. Anyway, once I was on land, the mosquitoes were bad and I moved into the sun porch where I could still get the great views.

I put a fan on the table in the sun porch and took it off the oscillating feature. I adjusted it to blow directly on me while I read my book and enjoyed the sunset. It was still HOT, HOT, HOT and STICKY!  In our bedroom, I again fixed the fan to just blow directly on the bed. I had a great night sleep as the fan kept me somewhat cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment