Monday 15 July 2019

Vacation Day 7 - July 8, 2019 at Eagle Lake

It's always so sad to say good bye to a lovely paradise such as this. I have my last morning coffee on the deck and watch the quiet lake. I love this view and hope to someday paint some of the photos I've taken. It's been a long time (over 25 years!) since I've done any painting. At that time I used oil paints but now I want to try my hand using acrylic paints. Some projects are in my mind. We'll see if they get painted.

After a leisurely breakfast and coffee, it's time to start packing up. We've had such a wonderful time and I want to leave the cottage in just as good a shape as we found it or maybe even better. I sweep and vacuum. I pack up the rest of the dry goods. I take the coolers and freezer packs and pack up our things from the fridge and freezer.

Hubby starts to move items into the car and pack it up tight. We brought our cat, Frodo, with us on this holiday. He is getting to be a really old man. He has enjoyed the cottage (he's an indoor cat) but he does not like riding in the car. I spray his carrier with a product that is supposed to help calm him. It worked well on the way up to the cottage last week.  Finally it's time to put Frodo in his carrier.

Windows are all closed and locked and everything is closed and locked up. Into the car we all go and off we head home. Unfortunately, there was  road closure on Hwy 38 (our route home) and we had to back track and find another route home. Our poor Frodo did not travel as well this time. I felt absolutely terrible for him. We eventually made it home and spoiled him rotten.

Everything got unpacked and laundry was started. We had vacation the rest of this week as well and we used it to finish up the trim and details after having the new flooring put in. I've worked hard all this past week (July 9-13) to get the laundry done and the gardens weeded, shrubs trimmed and zucchini picked. It's back to reality but I'm still making time for a quiet coffee and book on the patio in the mornings. A week after returning home and I can still imagine clearly the view from the deck of the cottage overlooking Eagle Lake. It was a lovely retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment