Sunday 15 April 2012

Day 11 - 5th Chemo Cycle

Today was a wonderful day but I realize that I don't have the energy to deal with teenage tempers.  It's too bad when that wonderful phase (sarcastically written) of the teenage years affects my ability to sleep and stay stress-free.  Oh well, this is another opportunity to try to learn more patience and learn to ignore bad behaviour.

However, today was an overall great day.  We delayed having our Easter dinner until today so that I could enjoy it.  My taste buds are almost fully returned after this last treatment.  So this morning I had fun making the stuffing.  My husband stuffed the 7 pound chicken, cooked the potatoes and the corn.  I made the gravy and mashed the potatoes while he carved the chicken.  It tasted so good!  I even had a glass of white wine with my meal.  Although, the truth is that it still didn't taste quite the same so my taste buds aren't totally back to normal yet.  We ended with a homemade apple pie that a friend had brought to us back in March.  It was very difficult to save the rest of the pie for dinner tomorrow night.  We were all tempted to have a second piece.

While the chicken was roasting, we  played a family game of euchre and then played a game of dominoes.  I love having family game day!  We haven't had one in years.  Oh yes, early this afternoon, I sat under the umbrella in the rain on our patio with our cat on my lap, watching the birds visit our birdfeeder.  The male house finch visited us for the second day in a row.  He is so beautiful with his red neck and head.  It reminded me today of when house finches and wrens used to visit my grandmother's farmhouse where they would nest in grandma's bird houses near the eaves of her house.  As a little girl, I used to watch them flit in and out in the spring and summer.  I haven't seen a house finch in years, so I'm really pleased to be seeing it so far this year.  Hopefully, he decides to stay in the area for the summer.

I'm tired tonight as my stamina still isn't very good.  But it has been a great day and I am stuffed just like that chicken we had for supper.

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you had a good day, Cathy. The male house finch is certainly beautiful. I rarely glimpse one in our backyard, but when I do it's quite a treat!

    ReplyDelete