Thursday 19 April 2012

Day 15 - 5th Chemo Cycle

Today was a fantastic day!! I woke up early this morning after having a full night's sleep.  A night sweat woke me up at 6:00 a.m.  So up I got and I put in a load of laundry.  Then I made a pot of coffee and brought in the newspaper.  By 8 a.m., the laundry was out on the line, my coffee and breakfast were done, the paper was read and my sudoku puzzle was finished.  I still had lots of energy and felt wonderful.

Our hedge was calling my name, so out I went to give it a hair cut.  The top needs to be trimmed down so that the wood doesn't get so thick we can't trim it in July.  As I was working on the hedge, I realized there are lots of dead wood in there too.  So out it came as I worked.  I filled 2 large cardboard boxes and then took them to the city's composting site.  Now I was tired.  So I rested and had some lunch.

Around mid afternoon, I was full of energy again.  I'm pacing myself and only doing a little bit of work at a time.  So back to the hedge I went.  Next thing I knew, my 2 boxes were full again.  This time I rested by sitting on the patio in the sun.  There were some wispy clouds in the blue sky and I decided to sit back and watch them.  I used to do this when I was a little girl.  I can remember laying on my back on the grass during a hot summer day and I would try to see shapes in the clouds.  This afternoon there weren't that many clouds but I did see a whale and a seal.  I closed my eyes for a bit and enjoyed the warmth of the sun.  When I opened my eyes, there wasn't a cloud in the sky.  Gone were the whale and the seal.

At this point, I realized I had better go back to the city's composting site and then go pick my son up from baseball practice.  We had soup simmering in the slow cooker and when we got home, supper was ready.  After supper a very good friend came by for a visit.  I always enjoy her company and she brought a beautiful bouquet of pale pink tulips.  We had a such a nice visit and it filled my heart with warmth.

Throughout this whole journey, my philosphy of life has been affirmed.  I have never cared overly much about having lots of material "things".  If you were to look at my home, my style could be described as minimalist.  This is because, in my opinion, the important elements in life are the warm relationships of friends and family.  It is really important to be surrounded by people who exude warm, positive and generous vibes/auras.  If we are surrounded by positive people, then our lives are made richer by knowing them.  I try to limit my contact with negative or perpetually unhappy people as they tend to drain my energy.  This doesn't mean that I don't care when people are suffering.  I do care and I try to make people feel better.  The people I limit my contact with are people who habitually complain but refuse to do anything to change their circumstances.

My body is tired tonight.  I'm feeling some muscles that haven't been used in a while.  They are a little achy but not too much.  It makes me feel so good to accomplish things again.  I really am feeling "normal" again and I love it!  Let's hope this week doesn't go by too quickly.  I want to continue to enjoy my normalcy.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely day, Cathy! I hope you have another one today...and tomorrow...and every tomorrow after that. I am also a minimalist. I don't need or want a lot of things, and the things I do have are there to add warmth, not make some material impression. I also try to avoid negative people. They drain you of energy and bring you down. Life is much too short and unpredictable to focus on negativity. There is a beautiful world out there - Mother Nature offers it to us daily if only we'd look - and there are really good people in it.

    ReplyDelete