Tuesday, 3 April 2012

Day 20 - 4th Chemo Cycle

Today was a day of gearing up for my next chemo treatment on Thursday.  I visited my chiropractor in preparation for the constipation that hits right after the chemo.  In the last 2 chemo cycles I have found that if I visit the chiropractor before my treatment and then a few days after the treatment, it helps to alleviate the constipation.  Or at the very least, these adjustments help the constipation medications to work better and faster.  I also spent some time today, quietly settling my anxiety and fear of the next round of chemo through prayer and meditation.  I find it very soothing to listen to nature sounds combined with soft music.  This plays in the background while I think.  Once I feel more calm, I continue to listen to the soft sounds of waves, birds, wolves, thunder, rain, and music while I knit my socks.  The repetitive motion of knitting is very soothing and distracting.

It was a sunny day but it was cold.  However, there was enough of a wind that my towels dried on the line outside.  I get pleasure watching them flap away in the wind.  I always like the fresh smell from clothes that have dried outside.  They say "small things amuse small minds".  I must have a small mind because I've always like watching my clothes dry on the line.  When the kids were babies, I used flat cloth diapers and they always looked so good lined up neatly with the clothes pins and flapping away.  It's amazing that the thick towels dried on the line today as it was chilly outside.  The sun is close enough to earth now that when it is combined with a breeze, the clothing on the line dries although it does take all day.

This afternoon, I enjoyed a cup of tea with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. The visit went by too quickly.  It really touched me when she brought it to my attention that my blog is reaching so many people in so many ways.  I discovered that it is touching people in ways that I wasn't aware of. 

After supper my husband and I went for a nice walk.  It was good to go for a slow, long walk and my muscles are aching to show that they needed the exercise.  I love the fresh air although I was cold when we arrived back home.  I warmed up over a tasty cup of Blue Mountain coffee all the way from Jamaica.

Tomorrow I go to the doctor for a check up.  I expect it to go well as I'm currently feeling well physically.  Throughout this whole journey, everyone is surprised about how well I look.  I still have pink cheeks.  I've lost some weight but not a lot.  If I hadn't lost my hair, you wouldn't know that I'm not well.  I'm coming into the home stretch.  After Thursday, I only have one more treatment left to go.  I now have to give myself pep talks to get up for the next treatment.  I'm getting tired of them.  It does help to know that many, many people are helping me to carry this burden.  I am very, very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment